Correction in the markets for February 11th 2013..14066 double top coming..IMF: Global economic recovery “weakening”
Dear Fellow Legates,
As Legatus looks with anticipation and confidence toward its next twenty-five years of studying, living, and spreading the faith, the Baton Rouge chapter enthusiastically invites you to the 2013 Summit to be held at the stunning Phoenician Resort in Scottsdale Arizona on February 7-9. We will be transporting some of our unique Louisiana culture to the desert, to taste, see, and ponder the roots of Catholicism in the Acadian Community.
The themes of religious liberty, conversion, and the New Evangelization will be at the heart of the Summit and we have assembled a group of outstanding speakers who will address these topics. Our presenters will be —
- Archbishop William E. Lori of Baltimore
- Jeb Bush, Former Governor of the State of Florida
- George Weigel, Author of “Witness to Hope”; the biography of Pope John Paul II
- Jeff Fortenberry, U.S. Representative from Neb. and the author of H.R.1179—Respect for Rights of Conscience Act
- Ken Cuccinelli, Attorney General of Virginia
- Tommy Lasorda, former major league manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Mike Piazza, former major league catcher who is expected to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in the first year of his eligibility, (January 2013)
- Sister Miriam, formerly Rosalind Moss, a convert from Judaism and foundress of the Daughters of Mary, Mother of Israel’s Hope
- Fr. Frank Hoffman, Executive Director of Relevant Radio
- Expert Panel:
Alan Sears, President Alliance Defending Freedom
Dorinda Bordlee, VP, Senior Counsel, Bioethics Defense Fund
Mark Rienzi, Prof. Catholic University, and the Becket Fund
Charles LiMandri, Executive Director Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund
As you can see, we are planning a very special Summit. We invite all of you to come to the desert and the spectacular Phoenician Resort to join with fellow Legates from all over the world and experience Legatus at its best.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned again of a weakening global economic recovery despite government efforts to stimulate growth.
The global economy is likely to grow at a slower rate than previously forecast over the next two years, the organisation said in its latest report.
It said it now expected the eurozone to remain in recession in 2013, having previously predicted growth.
The UK’s growth forecasts have also been revised down.
The IMF said continued problems in the eurozone were weighing on the global economy.
“The euro area continues to pose a large downside risk to the global outlook,” the IMF report said.
“In particular, risks of prolonged stagnation in the euro area as a whole will rise if the momentum for reform is not maintained.”
firstly i acknowledge Reinhardt and his theory when coming up with this “prediction”..i have been watching the dow for a while and wondering when we will hit the all time high (which is a joke really)..but its coming..and i think it will coincide with this legatus pilgrimage..and look whos coming for dinner..jeb bush..IMF seems to agree..lets see how it rolls..