Hollywood executives may blacklist Cruz and Bardem for accusing Israel of genocide

rtxw0cl.si

http://rt.com/usa/179544-penelope-cruz-blacklist-israel/

Hollywood producers have signaled a potential blackballing of actress Penelope Cruz and her husband, actor Javier Bardem, after the Spanish couple criticized Israel for its offensive on Gaza.

In July, Bardem and Cruz signed an open letter decrying the “the genocide perpetrated by the Israeli occupation army.”

The letter blames the latest bloodshed on the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories.

“Gaza is living through horror…while the international community does nothing,” said the Spanish letter, signed by 100 top figures in the film industry.

One “top producer” who has worked with Cruz anonymously told The Hollywood Reporter that he would never hire her again.

Another top executive said he is “furious at Javier and Penelope” and could not say whether he would ever work with the Oscar winners in the future.

Only one studio leader was willing to publicly state his views.

“As the grandson of Holocaust survivors, I know that anyone calling what’s going on in Israel ‘genocide’ vs. self-defense is either ignorant and shouldn’t be commenting or is truly anti-Semitic.” said Relativity Media chief executive Ryan Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh had previously told The Hollywood Reporter that the letter “makes my blood boil.” He now says that he received more than 500 calls, emails, and texts in approval of his comments in the 24 hours after his comments were published. He said that support included top Hollywood executives.

But, ultimately, he said he does not believe the actors’ careers will be affected by their statements as long as their films are successful.

Virulent pro-Israel celebrities have also criticized those who signed the letter. Actor Jon Voight, a frequent supporter of right-wing causes, wrote his own letter calling on Cruz and Bardem to “hang your heads in shame.”

“I am asking all my peers who signed that poison letter against Israel to examine their motives. Can you take back the fire of anti-Semitism that is raging all over the world now?”

————

these clowns are a joke..having an opinion is not anti-semitism..the hollyweird mafia will crack down on any dissenters..

401

~ by seeker401 on August 13, 2014.

8 Responses to “Hollywood executives may blacklist Cruz and Bardem for accusing Israel of genocide”

  1. I can’t believe they insist on calling this anti-semitism. What does caring about innocent people who have had their homes bulldozed, farms destroyed, cities bombed have to do with anti-semitism? It has nothing to do with it. This collective punishment and occupation is against international law. It could be any two countries in the world. The reaction over these abuses would be the same. Pulling out the old, familiar cards won’t work anymore, too many people see the truth for what it is.

  2. Everyone forgets that Arabs are Semites too.

  3. don’t cross path with the bosses of hollywood if you want/value a career

  4. Looks like Penelope Cruz movies are back on my list of “must see.”
    And I rarely go to movies at all.

  5. Reblogged this on Real News Australia and commented:
    No wonder they’re threatening to blacklist them. They’re illustrating their stranglehold on Hollywood. Zionists run Hollywood.

    Seriously. Look at the movies being made and who stars, directs and produces them. Almost all have Zionist/Jewish connections.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: