71% of Americans believe the economy is “rigged”..the other 29% are brain dead

151014132029-fact-check-3-exlarge-169

http://www.wpbf.com/money/71-of-americans-believe-economy-is-rigged/40260822

Seventy-one percent think the U.S. economic system is “rigged in favor of certain groups,” according to a new poll by Marketplace and Edison Research.

The poll asked a simple question: Which of the following comes closer to your opinion on the economic system in the U.S. People could select between three options:

1. The economic system is rigged in favor of certain groups 2. The economy system is fair to all Americans 3. Don’t know

Most selected rigged economy. It didn’t matter if the person was white, black or Hispanic or whether they identified as Republican, Democrat or Independent. The majority feel the American Dream comes with huge asterisk that reads “only for the favored few.”

No wonder the “rigged economy” has become one of the biggest talking points on the 2016 campaign trail. Bernie Sanders may have started it, but Donald Trump now uses that exact term and Hillary Clinton talks often about how she’ll help those “left behind.”

Americans have good reason to think this way. The typical middle class family is earning about the same amount of money — just under $54,000 — as they did in 1996, once you adjust for inflation.

That means a lot of people aren’t getting paid more. On top of that, the Great Recession knocked out many people’s safety net savings as they lost jobs or homes or both. Even people who have jobs tell CNNMoney that they feel one step away from financial ruin. They fear a life of “dead-end crap jobs with crap wages.”

Inequality, however you measure it, has been on the rise. The middle class is shrinking — partly because the upper middle class is thriving.

This week, actor Jesse Williams speech at the BET awards highlighting all this went viral. It began: “A system built to divide, impoverish and destroy us cannot stand if we do.” He called on his fellow Black celebrities — many of whom are part of the favored few — to do their part to fix inequality too.

Williams’ words are notable since 83% of African-Americans believe the economy is rigged, according to the Marketplace poll. It’s the highest group to think that, although the majority of Americans across all racial groups feel that way.

———-

Its. All. Rigged.

we have no idea of the depths of the rigging..sometimes we see physical glimpses of it like the recent libor cases..but its usually more esoteric..and its not confined to the usa..its just where the poll was done..

“The majority feel the American Dream comes with huge asterisk that reads “only for the favored few.”

a sight awakening for some..

“83% of African-Americans believe the economy is rigged”

even higher than 71%..

401

~ by seeker401 on June 30, 2016.

7 Responses to “71% of Americans believe the economy is “rigged”..the other 29% are brain dead”

  1. FOR THE BRAIN AND THE ETERNALLY DEAD:

    http://endtimeheadlines.org/2016/06/within-ten-years-50-of-americans-will-be-chipped/

  2. Hello Seeker.

    “The majority feel the American Dream comes with huge asterisk that reads “only for the favored few.” ”

    It’s called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to fall for it.

    I can’t recall who originally said that, but it seems to be a reasonable comment.

    Andrew Farquharson.

  3. And Hilary is going to help with her “charitable funds ” ?

  4. The insanity of capitalism is that, when it finally gets its own way, it pushes the vast majority of people into the arms of socialism, which eventually leads to totalitarian communism (after the general public is disarmed).
    Then the upper 20% are slaughtered, wholesale.

    • But the totalitarian masonic communists were working for the 1% Illuminati to kill the middle classes.
      Socialism is a very delicate balance which is easily overthrown by the banksters .

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: