Syrian forces accused of chlorine attack on Aleppo

_91048318_aleppochlorineattack

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/09/07/09/14/syrian-forces-accused-of-chlorine-attack-on-aleppo

Observers in Syria claim government forces have attacked Aleppo with barrel bombs loaded with chlorine.

Dozens of people had to be treated for breathing problems after regime helicopters assaulted the besieged city overnight.

In addition, rebel gunfire killed five people in Azamiyeh, a government-controlled area in Aleppo, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

The bombs that left more than 70 people choking and in need of treatment were dropped from helicopters on the Sukkari neighbourhood, the Britain-based monitor said, adding most were civilians.

The opposition Aleppo Media Centre charged on its Twitter account that Sukkari was the target of a chlorine attack.

Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman was unable to confirm the claim but said that no one was killed in the strikes.

A Sukkari resident told AFP a “very strong smell” filled the neighbourhood after it was hit by a barrel bomb and that he and others had difficulty breathing.

Both sides in Syria’s complex war have traded accusations of attacks against civilians and use of unconventional weapons including chlorine and mustard gas.

Last month, an investigative panel set up by the UN Security Council said in a report that President Bashar al-Assad’s forces had carried out at least two chemical attacks, one in 2014 and another in 2015.

But Syria’s ally Russia said it had “very serious questions” about the report while the Syrian envoy to the world body, Bashar Jaafari, rejected the findings.

Meanwhile in the northwestern province of Idlib, most of which is under rebel control, eight people including two children were killed in regime air strikes, the Observatory said.

———-

“Observers in Syria claim government forces have attacked Aleppo with barrel bombs loaded with chlorine.”

“observers”..

why would assad do this?

why would he do it now?

werent all their chemical weapons removed?

“Observatory head Rami Abdel Rahman was unable to confirm the claim but said that no one was killed in the strikes.”

oic..

401

~ by seeker401 on September 8, 2016.

5 Responses to “Syrian forces accused of chlorine attack on Aleppo”

  1. Reblogged this on World Peace Forum.

  2. No one was killed?
    Sounds more like a denial of territory operation, not much different than when police pepper-spray a mob to stop their advance.
    And I am very skeptical these days of reports by government observers, especially when those governments are chafing at the bit to overthrow “uncooperative” regimes in the middle east…

  3. http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israel-strikes-syrian-army-positions-third-time-six-days-after-golan-hit-769768001

  4. http://journal-neo.org/2015/12/18/soros-plays-both-ends-in-syria-refugee-chaos/
    …the last paragraphs…Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch…Wolfowitz doctrine..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: