Florida school shooting

•February 15, 2018 • 30 Comments

https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/02/15/07/14/school-shooting-florida-usa-nikolaus-cruz-arrested

A 19-year-old gunman has been arrested in the US after going on a shooting rampage at a Florida high school that has left at least 17 people dead.

American officials have named the arrested man Nikolaus Cruz, with police saying he is a former student of the school.

Children hid under their desks screaming as bullets ricocheted around classrooms while the horror unfolded. The students were later seen evacuating the campus in single file with their arms flailing in the air.

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland north of Miami was placed in lockdown when the shooting broke out about 2.30pm Wednesday local time (6.30am AEST).

Sherriff Scott Israel said Cruz had at least one AR-15 rifle and “countless magazines” with most of the fatalities occurring inside the building.

“There was a time when he did attend the school, I don’t know why he left, I don’t know when he left,” Sheriff Israel said.

He said the attack began outside the school before Cruz stormed the building and continued his rampage.

Twelve bodies were found inside the school, two were found outside and another was discovered in a nearby street. The sheriff said two other people later died while undergoing medical treatment.

Sherriff Israel said the suspect was arrested near the school and taken to hospital. Cruz has since been checked out and is being held at a secure location in a public building.

———–

listen to the tweet above before its deleted..as usual..a second shooter..fact or fiction?

EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

401

Qualcomm rejects Broadcom’s higher $121 billion hostile bid

•February 15, 2018 • Leave a Comment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-08/qualcomm-rejects-broadcom-s-higher-121-billion-hostile-bid

Qualcomm Inc.’s board unanimously rejected a higher acquisition offer from Broadcom Ltd., spurning the largest technology takeover bid in history and likely leaving the future of the hostile $121 billion proposal to be decided by shareholders next month.

The offer “materially undervalues” Qualcomm and “falls well short of the firm regulatory commitment” needed to gain approval for such a transaction, the San Diego-based company said Thursday in a statement. Earlier this week, Broadcom raised its proposed price to $82 a share, a bid it called “best and final.” The deal would take the form of $60 in cash and the remainder in Broadcom shares, a bump of 17 percent from its opening offer in November of $70 a share, which Qualcomm also rejected.

Qualcomm offered to meet with Broadcom and provided a list of issues to address in order to further the conversation. Still, Qualcomm’s second dismissal of Broadcom’s approach may put the decision in the hands of shareholders, who will vote March 6 on whether to replace the smartphone-chip maker’s board with Broadcom’s own nominees. The vote will represent a choice between Broadcom’s strategy, under Chief Executive Officer Hock Tan, of acquiring companies and focusing on boosting profits, or Qualcomm management’s promise of future growth fueled by investment in new products and technology.

“Your proposal is inferior relative to our prospects as an independent company and is significantly below both trading and transaction multiples in our sector,” Chairman Paul Jacobs wrote in an open letter to Broadcom’s Tan.

Broadcom’s bid for the larger company is Tan’s most audacious move following a string of deals that have already made his company one of the world’s largest suppliers of semiconductors. He wants Qualcomm for its leading smartphone modem-chip division, an example of what he calls a “franchise” that will continue to dominate its industry. The market likes what Tan has accomplished so far. Stock of his company — formerly called Avago Technologies — ended 2009 at $18.29. It’s currently trading at more than $229.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualcomm

———-

this is a big one..

“the largest technology takeover bid in history and likely leaving the future of the hostile $121 billion proposal to be decided by shareholders next month.”

watch for maneuvering..

“Still, Qualcomm’s second dismissal of Broadcom’s approach may put the decision in the hands of shareholders, who will vote March 6 on whether to replace the smartphone-chip maker’s board with Broadcom’s own nominees.”

401

Israel police recommend charging Netanyahu with bribery..Packer named

•February 15, 2018 • 2 Comments

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-13/israel-police-recommend-charging-netanyahu-in-corruption-cases-jdm1238c?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Israeli police recommended charging Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu with bribery, fraud and breach of trust in two separate cases, a decision that could spark the biggest fight of his political life.

Police say they found evidence Netanyahu traded his influence for favors, a non-binding conclusion that Attorney General Avihai Mandelblit will have to weigh as he decides whether to file charges against a sitting Israeli premier for the first time. Netanyahu, who years ago survived two prior police recommendations to indict him, has denied any wrongdoing and claims he’s the victim of a witchhunt by left-wing opponents.

For more than a year, detectives have been investigating circumstances surrounding cigars, champagne and other gifts Netanyahu has acknowledged accepting from wealthy friends, including Hollywood producer Arnon Milchan and Australian businessman James Packer. They’ve also probed a deal the prime minister discussed with Arnon Mozes, publisher of the Yediot Ahronot newspaper, to pass legislation that would weaken another daily in exchange for more favorable coverage.

Key details from the police report include:

  • In addition to recommending charges against Netanyahu, the police said there’s evidence that both Mozes and Milchan committed bribery
  • Police estimated Netanyahu received about 1,000,000 shekels ($283,000) in gifts including champagne, cigars, and jewelry. That includes about 750,000 shekels in gifts from Milchan and about 250,000 shekels in gifts from Packer
  • In exchange, police say Netanyahu sought to advance Milchan’s interests in various fields including telecommunications and tax law, and by helping him with his U.S. visa
  • Police say even if Milchan is Netanyahu’s friend, a public servant can’t receive gifts in exchange for advancing a businessman’s interests
  • Netanyahu and publisher Mozes took “actual steps to promote each other’s interests” after reaching understandings that were recorded by Netanyahu’s chief of staff at the time, Ari Harow

Netanyahu denied the allegations in a press conference Tuesday night, calling the police recommendations“disturbed” and claiming the investigations were intended to topple his government.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/benjamin-netanyahu-james-packer-caught-up-in-israel-prime-minister-scandal/news-story/9e193d11dc4ffb2af24c89b2ae5b3cfd

POLICE are on the verge of indicting Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on corruption charges after an investigation into his dealings with businessmen including receiving lavish gifts from Australian billionaire James Packer.

Israeli police on Tuesday recommended that Mr Netanyahu be indicted in two cases of alleged corruption after a long-running probe.

Mr Netanyahu, who has repeatedly said he has done nothing wrong, is not expected to resign and told a nationwide TV address the allegations would “come to nothing”.

Mr Netanyahu denied allegations that he accepted lavish gifts, including champagne and expensive cigars, from Hollywood mogul Arnon Milchan in exchange for doing favours.

He also is suspected of offering preferential treatment to a newspaper publisher in exchange for favourable coverage.

Mr Packer is also among those mentioned in the corruption case, although there is no suggestion of wrongdoing on his part.

“I admire Prime Minister Netanyahu and am happy that I was given the opportunity to be his friend,” Mr Packer said in his testimony, according to Channel 10.

“I was happy to give him presents, many times at his request and his wife Sara’s request.”

Israeli police have not recommended charges against Mr Packer, but have recommended charged against Milchan.

————-

we have followed this for months..its coming to a head..

what did james give him?

“I was happy to give him presents, many times at his request and his wife Sara’s request.”

its not a present if its a request..

401

“France will strike” if proof found chemical weapons used in Syria..”proof”..lol?

•February 15, 2018 • Leave a Comment

https://www.rt.com/news/418707-macron-syria-chemical-strike/

Emmanuel Macron has promised to “strike” Syria if any evidence emerges that chemical weapons were used against civilians. However, he added that French intelligence agencies do not have proof to back up such allegations.

“On chemical weapons, I set a red line and I reaffirm that red line,” Macron told reporters in Paris on Tuesday. “Today, our agencies, our armed forces have not established that chemical weapons, as set out in treaties, have been used against the civilian population.”

If any evidence is found, France will strike the places where chemical weaponry shipments “originate,” he added. The French President also recalled his phone conversations with Russian President Vladimir Putin, which took place last Friday.

“I’ve reiterated it to President Putin, asking to make it very clear to the Syrian regime, which has reaffirmed that it does not use chemical weapons … but we are watching it,” Macron stated.

While President Macron has been mulling “immediate reprisals” for chemical weaponry usage in Syria since assuming office, France has not undertaken any action due to “the lack of certainty on what happened in Syria,” French Defense Minister Florence Parly said last Friday.

The country prefers to avoid any hot-headed moves and does not act without having reliable information on the alleged chemical incidents.

“We have some indications of possible chlorine use [in Syria], but we have no absolute confirmation,” the Minister said. “So we, alongside the others, are working on trying to confirm this, as we clearly have to get the facts straight.”

The French Foreign Minister, however, pointed fingers at the Syrian government, stating last week that “all indications show us today that chlorine is used by the regime right now in Syria.”

The most recent allegations of a possible chemical attack in Syria emerged last month. The accusations were purveyed by controversial sources, including the notorious White Helmets NGO and the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR). The allegations have not been independently verified so far.

———–

all you need to know is linked in the image..

there is NO evidence..i smell a false flag coming..package that prediction and see what happens..give it 3 weeks..

oh..and fuck you macron..

401

China unveils vision for polar silk road across the Arctic

•February 15, 2018 • Leave a Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/china-unveils-vision-for-polar-silk-road-across-the-arctic/ar-AAvbKbY?OCID=ansmsnnews11

China on Friday outlined its ambitions to extend President Xi Jinping’s signature Belt and Road Initiative to the Arctic by developing shipping lanes opened up by global warming.

Releasing its first official Arctic policy white paper, China said it would encourage enterprises to build infrastructure and conduct commercial trial voyages, paving the way for Arctic shipping routes that would form a polar silk road.

“China hopes to work with all parties to build a Polar Silk Road through developing the Arctic shipping routes,” said the paper, issued by the State Council Information Office.

China, despite being a non-Arctic state, is increasingly active in the polar region and became an observer member of the Arctic Council in 2013.

Among its increasing interests in the region is its major stake in Russia’s Yamal liquefied natural gas project which is expected to supply China with four million tonnes of LNG a year, according to the state-run China Daily.

Shipping through the Northern Sea Route would shave almost 20 days off the regular time using the traditional route through the Suez Canal, the newspaper reported last month. COSCO Shipping has also previously sailed vessels through the Arctic’s northeast passage.

China’s increasing prominence in the region has prompted concerns from Arctic states over its long-term strategic objectives, including possible military deployment.

“Some people may have misgivings over our participation in the development of the Arctic, worried we may have other intentions, or that we may plunder resources or damage the environment,” Vice-Foreign Minister Kong Xuanyou said at a briefing.

“I believe these kinds of concerns are absolutely unnecessary.”

The white paper said China also eyes development of oil, gas, mineral resources and other non-fossil energies, fishing and tourism in the region. It said it would do so “jointly with Arctic States, while respecting traditions and cultures of the Arctic residents including the indigenous peoples and conserving natural environment”.

China’s Belt and Road initiative aims to connect China to Europe, the Middle East and beyond via massive infrastructure projects across dozens of countries, reflecting Xi’s desire for China to take on a more prominent global leadership role.

———–

to follow the money..follow the trade routes..follow the “corridors”..

“China’s Belt and Road initiative aims to connect China to Europe, the Middle East and beyond via massive infrastructure projects across dozens of countries”

thar she blows..

“China said it would encourage enterprises to build infrastructure and conduct commercial trial voyages, paving the way for Arctic shipping routes that would form a polar silk road.”

401

Duterte: “If I don’t act like a dictator the Philippines won’t progress”

•February 14, 2018 • 1 Comment

https://www.rt.com/news/418255-duterte-dictator-philippines-government/

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has said that if it weren’t for his dictatorial style, his country would stagnate and never improve.

Opposition leaders have railed against Duterte’s proposal to revise the Philippines’ constitution. Currently the executive, legislative, and judicial powers of each state in a body of states are contained within a central authority, but the proposal aims to switch these over to a federal system.

“If you say dictator, I am really a dictator. If I don’t act (like a) dictator, son of a b****, nothing will happen to this country,”the president said at the meeting in Visayan, as cited by The SunStar Manila. Duterte made the inflammatory remarks when speaking to a gathering of former Communist rebels, insisting that his style of governance was necessary in order to sustain progress and growth in the country.

“That’s true. If I don’t act (like a) dictator, which is my style now, nothing will happen to this country,” he added. “I had to (act like a dictator). Besides, you have chosen me as your president. Why won’t you follow me when my dreams are all for you?”

Critics have long accused Duterte of authoritarian tendencies, given his abrasive and combative rhetoric when dealing with opponents, coupled with his tough stance on drugs, which has become the hallmark of his presidency.

He also came under intense criticism for declaring martial law on the southern island of Mindanao last year during the Islamist insurgency in Marawi City.

Duterte’s latest comments come just days before the country celebrates the 32nd anniversary of the Edsa People Power Revolution, February 22–25, 1986, which ultimately toppled the brutal Marcos dictatorship.

———-

ahh rodrigo..is there a less pc leader in the world right now?

That’s true. If I don’t act (like a) dictator, which is my style now, nothing will happen to this country,” he added. “I had to (act like a dictator). Besides, you have chosen me as your president. Why won’t you follow me when my dreams are all for you?”

401

Lavrov: US eyes partitioning of Syria

•February 14, 2018 • 3 Comments

https://www.rt.com/news/418141-lavrov-us-syria-division/

The US appears to be aiming at dividing Syria, as US troops still linger in the country even after its promise to end the mission after driving out Islamic State fighters, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said.

“It’s very likely that the Americans have taken a course of dividing the country. They just gave up their assurances, given to us, that the only goal of their presence in Syria – without an invitation of the legitimate government – was to defeat Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) and the terrorists,” Lavrov said.

Regarding pledges to keep a limited military contingent in the war-town state, Lavrov says the US is not being open about their true objectives.

“Now [the Americans] are saying that they will keep their presence till they make sure a steady process of a political settlement in Syria starts, which will result in regime change,” the minister said during a conference in Sochi.

The foreign minister claimed there are “plans of virtual division of Syria.”

“We know of [them] and we will ask our American colleagues, how they are seeing [Syria’s division].”

The US has nearly 2,000 servicemen currently stationed in Syria. In December, the Pentagon announced the troops will remain on the ground for as long as needed “to support our partners and prevent the return of terrorist groups.” Secretary of State Rex Tillerson later reiterated the plan.

Although the Syrian government regards the deployment of US troops on its sovereign territory as “illegal,” Washington justifies its presence under the pretext of fighting IS militants.

Moscow, which operates in the country on the Syrian government’s request, insists that the US has no grounds to have a military presence in the country without the permission of the Syrian government.

Washington has also been arming and funding various groups under the banners of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the Kurdish-dominated Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).

———-

this has always been the plan..just like in iraq..there might not be any recognised boundaries for now but the partitioning is occurring and new maps are being “drawn” as we speak..

“Although the Syrian government regards the deployment of US troops on its sovereign territory as “illegal,” Washington justifies its presence under the pretext of fighting IS militants.”

ha!

Now [the Americans] are saying that they will keep their presence till they make sure a steady process of a political settlement in Syria starts, which will result in regime change,” the minister said during a conference in Sochi. The foreign minister claimed there are “plans of virtual division of Syria.”

hes right..

401

 
%d bloggers like this: